Thank you The Introverted Book Nerd for tagging once again!!
- A character appearance that you misread or imagined differently.
For this I’m going to go with Sophie Riedesel from The Seventh Gate by Richard Zimler. I’m pretty sure she is supposed to be blond not only because there is a blond girl on the cover but also because she was theoretical aryan. But for some reason I never imagined her blond, I always imagined her with a really dark black hair.
- A character name that you have been pronouncing wrong.
I have to go with Darisa from The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht, I simply have no idea of how to read that name.
- An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure.
I have to confess, I am a sucker for the bad boys. I don’t like the mean bad boys, I just like it when there’s a reason for a character acting like nothing gets to them and everything.
- A cliché character type that you like better on screen than reading about.
THE BOOKS ARE ALWAYS BETTER.
- Have you ever not read or completed a required-reading book for school?
I read them all, from the first to the last page. And I have to say that I truly loved most of them. I’m a sucker for the classics that is true, but they are classics for a reason.
I loved Memorial do Convento by José Saramago (Baltasar and Blimunda, in its English version) and Os Maias by Eça de Queirós (The Maias: Episodes of Romantic Life), the list goes on I can’t name them all.
- Have you ever skipped (or wanted to) a chapter from the point of view of a character you weren’t interested in?
I never skipped parts of books, not that never thought about doing so, but I just feel like I would miss a lot of important information.
- Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?
I don’t recall doing so. But I do take a book with me sometimes when I go out with my friends, just in case I get bored.
- I tag..